Today I watched a really good webinar hosted by Prof. Dragan Savic, FReng CEO KWR with experts experts, Rosina Girones, Research Group Leader at the University of Barcelona, and Prof. Gertjan Medema, Principle Microbiologist at KWR
The topics of the discussion included:
- What’s known about the virus (SARS-CoV-2) and other viruses;
- Current research on SARS-CoV-2 stability and infectivity in faeces, sewage and water;
- Likelihood of transmission via faeces, water and the urban water cycle;
- Current research of SARS-CoV-2 in sewage (influent) in the Netherlands;
- Safety of sewage plant workers; and
- Safety of drinking water.
Take a look and give your thoughts.