The Waterblitz photo and video competition brings to life an array of fun, interest, love and dedication we all have for our waterways across Ireland. The photos we received this year did not disappoint and it was very hard for the judges to choose amongst so many different ones. We received so many amazing perspectives of water and what it meant to everyone. We would like to thank everyone who took part in the WaterBlitz photo and video competition and who gave their time in collecting such wonderful snaps.
Here are the winners – Clockwise L-R
- Best Budding Scientist: by Simon Lyons, Midleton.
- Best Riverbank Photo: by Donal O’Keeffe taken at Moneylane stream in Arklow.
- Best Group Water Scheme: Glaslough Tyholland GWS at Emy Lake, Monaghan.
- Best Friends Photo: Friends of the Tramore River, Cork.
- Best Primary School Photo: St. Mary’s N.S. at the Maria Edgeworth Centre, Edgeworthstown.
- Best Sport Photo: Castleblayney T.T. at Concra Wood Golf Course.
- Best Community Group Photo: Swords Tidy Towns Group.
- Best selfie: Paola Bassanese, Athlone on the Shannon.
- Best Secondary School Photo: Rockford Manor, Blackrock.
- Best Tidy Towns Group: Castlebar Tidy Towns, Lough Lannagh, Castlebar
- Best On-Water Photo: Monasterevin Kayaking Club on the Barrow.
- Best video: Dunboyne Senior Primary School.