On 22 March, 2021, World Water Day will be celebrated in an online event. The World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the global water crisis, and a core focus of the observance is to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.
The theme of World Water Day 2021 is valuing water. The value of water is about much more than its price – water has enormous and complex value for our households, food, culture, health, education, economics and the integrity of our natural environment. If we overlook any of these values, we risk mismanaging this finite, irreplaceable resource. SDG 6 is to ensure water and sanitation for all. Without a comprehensive understanding of water’s true, multidimensional value, we will be unable to safeguard this critical resource for the benefit of everyone.
As part of World Water Day the water institute are carrying out a range of events.
- Competition for Valuing Water – We want to hear from you in the form of a story, photo or video to describe what means to you or how you value it. Email your entry to email@example.com with your name and your entry.
- We are hosting a very special Water Café at 11am with speakers from the European Marine Board. If you would like to attend please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you follow us on twitter we will be hosting a range of short videos at lunchtime to get us all thinking about the value of water in our society.
- If you are part of a Transition Year class or are a teach of a transition year class and would like to go a group citizen science project please email email@example.com with the reasons why you should be selected with the name and location of your local river.
- We will be sharing tweets from our friends around the world where there will be plenty of facts and figures to learn about
- Our newsletter is hot off the press and we will be issuing this to all of our friends and followers to let you know about the work we do.
Happy World Water Day!